Home

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A very good thing

For those who know me, know that my daughter has multiple food allergies and celiac disease as well.  I also recently found out I can't eat gluten myself.  This makes having had to learn how to cook again.
One thing I have found that makes a wonderful breakfast is Bisquick gluten free baking mix.  I had to adapt even their recipe for pancakes because Lily Rose cannot have milk or eggs either.  So this is what I came up with and they are the best.  Thanks to my friend Kim for sharing the flax seed part.

Banana pancakes  (free from gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, )  may contain some soy.

1C of GF Bisquick mix
1tsp flax seed meal
1tsp water
1tsp canola oil
apple juice
1 banana
real maple syrup

First mix 1 tsp of whole ground flax seed meal (I used Bob's red mill)
with 1tsp of water.  This will make an ugly brown paste. That is your egg replacer.  Next mix in your Bisquick GF mix, then add 1tsp of canola oil (it calls for 2 tbsp but I thought that was too much), For your liquid mix with apple juice till you get your desired consistency. Then follow by mixing in 1/2 of a banana diced small.  Drop spoonfuls onto your hot griddle and cook as you would any pancake.  Top with the other 1/2 of the banana slices and real maple syrup(NOT pancake syrup).  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment