Home

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving thoughts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for. I am married to a wonderful husband who works very hard to make our ends meet.  We have been blessed with 3 I dare say best kids around.  We live in our own house that keeps us warm and dry. We drive cars in good working order.  We all have clothes that are somewhat fashionable and fit us.  Our fridge is filled with healthy foods.  We are blessed with a wonderful extended family who loves us and a wonderful church parish that we are a part of.  According to the "experts" we are not rich in fact their charts would put us pretty low.  But they are not around our dinner table and they aren't with us as we attend Mass.  The don't know the love and laughter within our families.  They haven't met our friends.  Sure, we are not spending as much this Christmas, and we are catching sales and cutting coupons because we have to not for a game.  But in my eyes, we are rich.  I will be heading to church in a few for a Thanksgiving Mass and when I go down on my knees I will tell my God just that and thank him for all of the blessings in our lives including the one he sent us thru his Son.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment