Home

Friday, October 21, 2011

Why cooking relaxes me.

Strange as it seems, cooking is relaxing to me.  I enjoy getting lost in my kitchen  and fixing supper.  I think in part it is a task that produces something attractive, and  something that is well received ( for the most part).  It is something that I start and finish in a matter of an hour or so.  Instant gratification I suppose.  I love the smell, the taste, the different textures. I truly love using my imagination in finding new ways to cook.  I enjoy sitting at the table and being with my family.  And yes I enjoy hearing the thank yous.  I do for my family in many ways, all very important.  They do need clean clothes, a  clean place to live, a push to do their  homework.  They do need guidance, love and instruction.  They still need driven here and everywhere it seems.  I do all of these things and enjoy caring for my family.  Maybe it is that these other things are NEVER done.  It seems I am always getting it done and yet never done.  I think that is why I love cooking supper so much.  I start it and finish it and see a job done.  I see the steps in the other things, but it is nice to complete something. At least till the next meal.
What is your favorite dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment