Home

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just the season I'm in

This week has been so busy and it is only Wednesday.  Not to mention the kids here where we are at on have 4 days of school this week due to a fall break.  I just seem to be running everywhere and doing 10 things at once.  Yesterday after homeschooling my daughter  till after lunch, I went to the middle school to help with a project they have going.  I then picked up my child there and went to pick up my 5th grader from academic team practice at his school.  After coming home I prepped supper while helping one son with a 4 page paper due Thursday and getting my other son working on his vocabulary words an keeping the youngest  "helping" with some housework. I then had to run to town (well I drove) to go to a booster club meeting for my child's music program at school.  I then came home again, I finished making supper and we sat down to eat.  By the time everyone got into bed and my kindergartner finally went to sleep, I was exhausted.  I still had to finish a load of laundry and finish my daughters school lesson ready for today. 
This of course is a typical day, not just for me but for all mothers with children this age.  My mother in law says I am in my summer season.  I know that before I know it, the kids will be grown and out of the house and I will be missing these fast paced days.  I don't mind them now, they exhaust me but I love them.  I just have to remember that I need to take time for prayer and I mean more than a quick Our Father or short morning offering as I make the coffee .  When I take the time to be silent with God, my day goes so much smoother.  I also think when I don't get to spend a few minutes  catching up with the kids each day, like if they are gone somewhere, I miss that.  God is my heavenly father so why should it be so hard to give him just a few minutes of my day. I suppose finding the balance is the key to this season so many of us are in.
Praying all of you can find your balance today also.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I soooo know what you mean! Keep up the good work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete