Home

Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Jacob

Sunday the 22nd, our middle son turned 12 years old. We arrived home from a family vacation in Florida around 3 in the morning, so we will have a small party for him and his sister at a local lake this coming weekend.  But I wanted to share with you what an amazing son I have.

Jacob on Easter morning before Mass, 2012


Jacob was born an old man.  He was a content baby who cried only when ready to nurse.  He was and is a sleeper.  I actually took him to the doctor as an infant because I was afraid something was wrong when he didn't cry out all the time, Our first born had colic and I assumed all babies did.  Our pediatrician laughed and sent me home assuring me that he was just fine.

I was so happy to see the relationship with Jacob and his big brother by 22 months form.  They became friends fast and are to this day.  Of course that doesn't mean they don't fight, believe me they do. But they are the first to defend each other.  When one is gone the other is lost.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jacob loves classic cartoons and old books.  He has read every book written by L. Frank Baum.  He loves to collect junk and build and create new things.  It amazes me what he can make out of bottle caps, string and other such things.  He is so funny and quick with his comebacks.  He has us rolling sometimes.  He is a protector of his sister and her food allergies.  He has a heart for God and takes his catholic faith quite seriously.  Jacob is very smart.  I know all moms say that about their children but he does have numerous awards from academic team and honor roll certificates to back me up.

He is quick to help others and sometimes he catches me off guard with it.  While on vacation, we were caught in a sudden rain storm that came our of no where.  While we were taking shelter under a store sun shade, I look and couldn't find Jacob only to find him a few minutes later, soaking wet.  I fussed at him for taking off and purposefully getting soaked.  He looked at me with those big blue eyes and told me he was just helping the store keepers get their stuff covered up.  A lady running one of the shops waved and told him thank you.  I was embarrassed by my harsh tone.  I looked at him and told him I was sorry and how happy I was that he thought to help out.  I guess we should all take a lesson in his actions.  

Yes, he does get in trouble sometimes but it is not often.  Jacob makes my heart melt and I could not imagine our life without him.

Happy Birthday Jacob, I will love you till the rivers and creeks run dry then I will love you some more because that is what Momma's do.
Enjoy being 12, it is a pretty cool age.



No comments:

Post a Comment