Home

Monday, September 10, 2012

He Has The Whole World In His Hands

from on top of Sky Bridge

family pic under the bridge

Under Sky Bridge in the Red River Gorge


Yesterday my family and I went hiking after Mass in the Red River Gorge.  It is a beautiful area in Kentucky that we are blessed to live very close to and we are able to visit often.  The picture above is one of the many rock formations that are throughout the Gorge.  When we walk these trails, I can physically feel the stress and worries of my life removed.  It is as real as removing a heavy pack from your back and feeling the weight gone.  My entire body relaxes and I breathe easier and feel  a peace I have trouble feeling elsewhere.  I believe that there must be a part of heaven that will look like this area.  I can picture God molding these formations  like an artist and his sculpture.  I look at these rocks that God designed with the rain and time and know that He sees a much bigger picture than we do.  The detail that is in every leaf, plant, flower, and rock show the love for beauty that our Father has.  Since He took so much care to make these rocks and mountains and hills so beautiful and breathtaking, think of the beauty He must see in us.  He created us in His image.  The design of these rocks is no mistake, they were built to last generation to generation and they are rocks.  Just think of the plans he has for us.  These hills were made to last people, wind, rain, and storms of great power and when things get knocked down, they have the ability to rebuild themselves.  He thought of everything.

The week has started anew, but these hikes in God's Art gallery and the blessing of receiving the blessed sacrament  make the stresses in my life manageable.  They give me the  strength   and peace that I need and that God knows I need.  No, it doesn't remove the illness of family members and friends nor does it change job struggles or bank accounts but it does remind me that God is looking at a much bigger picture and He has it all in His hands.








4 comments:

  1. Awesome. I have hiked the bridge many times in the past, and always felt the same peace you describe. I too always feel my Creator's presence there. You've done a wonderful job of describing the place, and God's hand in it. Blessings!--Mary Breiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, it really is one of my favorite places to be.

      Delete
  2. I had been to the Natural Bridge once and it was indeed an amazing place, a "must see"! Imagine the bridge made of rock, an awesome wonder of nature, a very concrete example of God's magnificent architecture! A constant reminder of how God make things to last forever to show us that His love for us is forever and things are made for a particular purpose! And like what Melissa said that place gives you an amazing peace of mind and awesome feeling! It's exhilirating! I would love to visit it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Natural Bridge is beautiful, but I think I almost like Sky Bridge better. I think because there is usually less people, not sure. The entire area is just magical.

    ReplyDelete