Home

Sunday, December 4, 2011

advent blessings.

Sometimes we talk to our kids and we don't always know if they are getting it.  This is even more true I am finding in the teenage years; my oldest is 13.  We try to make them aware of others and give them the tools for a kind, giving heart.  But sometimes they do not even seem to be listening.  I have been overjoyed as we have done our nightly Hail Mary prayers in honor of someone.  It  has been the kids choice as I mentioned in my previous post  on who to pray for.  They have taken that responsibility and made me very proud.  Maybe they are paying attention to me and those around them.  They have said  prayers  for very real needs in our community and for things and people around them.  I have always said that kids don't get the credit they deserve, and I will say it again.  Many times it is just assumed that  something or a situation is over their head.  Children and teenagers are much smarter than we give them credit for also.
Share those requests of your community with them.  No, we don't want to put too much on them, but I truly believe if we teach them to take it to God, it isn't putting a burden on them.  It is simply practicing what we preach.
Blessings this 2nd Sunday in Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment